Updated – January 5, 2018
2018 FGLL RULES: 1/2 Grade [Down Load Rule Card]
PRE-GAME COACHES & UMPIRE MEETING
Coaches and officials meet to establish grade level, point out any unique field characteristics, specify a clock operator, highlight the importance of the "Offensive 3-second rule", and remind the official that ALL Founders League games consist of two 25-minute halves – regardless of grade division.
- 60x40 yards. Corners marked with cones; portable goal circles around the 4'x4' goals. 8-meter arcs ARE NOT defined at this level. Shooting targets are used.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS:
- 7 field players - NO GOALIE - 2 players remain behind midfield. Coaches assist with off sides.
- One coach per team is allowed on the field during play.
- No more than 3 coaches per team allowed on the sideline.
- One timeout per game; may not be taken during last 2 minutes of half/game. Clock stops during timeout.
- Boys lacrosse sticks not allowed.
- US Lacrosse-approved eye-protection required
- Mouth guards required – mouth guards with "white teeth" graphics not allowed.
- Close fitting gloves and US Lacrosse-approved headgear are permitted; no hard helmets (goalie helmets) may be worn except by the goalie.
- No jewelry is allowed on the field. Use of eye black is regulated – no "face paint" with eye black.
- No covering the ball at any time.
- When a shot is blocked by the shot blocker and ends up in the crease, a defender picks up the ball and continues play.
- More than 2 players MAY contest a ground ball.
- Players MAY NOT kick the ball.
- 3-Pass Rule: The pass count resets only when the ball crosses midfield. After any shot, rebound, or a loss of possession, if the ball is recovered before it is brought back over midfield, that team retains any accumulated pass count. Umpires are responsible for audibly counting competed passes.
- Offensive 3 Seconds: Holding the ball for more than 3 seconds when closely guarded/marked and the defense has both hands on her stick and is in position to legally check were checking allowed results in a change of possession.
- Players must play girl-to-girl defense. Double-team is allowed. Triple-team is not.
- Goal Circle Violation: If any part of the player’s body or stick crosses the goal circle, goal does not count.
- Yellow card: a player is substituted for the player who committed the foul so the team does not play shorthanded.
- No scoreboards allowed, but coaches should keep the score.
- Coaches discretely make adjustments in the event of lopsided play.
- Draws only to start game and second half. Possession is alternated after each goal at midfield.
AFTER THE GAME:
- Alert your Program Director of any issues with officials, parents, coaches or players.
- Record the game score at: FGLL.ORG
UMPIRE FEES (1/2 GRADE) Home team pays all fees.
| Adult: $50
|| Junior: $40
|| 2 Juniors: $30 ea.
FGLL has zero tolerance for misconduct of players, coaches or spectators. Misconduct is any action by an individual that interferes with the safety or sportsmanship of the game. A team follower’s misconduct may result in a yellow or red card assessed to the coach. Penalties assessed for misconduct must be reported to the FGLL Competition Committee via an incident report
QUESTIONS? Contact Paul Griffin, FGLL Director, email@example.com
March 16, 2017